Poway High School
** Non-Mandatory Event **
Go to the TPMS Band Candy Shack Volunteer Sign-Up Page to volunteer!
Go to the TPMS Band Candy Shack Donation Sign-Up Page to pledge contributions to the Shack!
The TPMS Band has been asked to participate in this year’s Poway Invitational Field Tournament (PIFT) at Poway High. This annual tournament is held in the PHS football stadium. It is a showcase and competition for regional marching bands. Visit the PIFT 2017 page on the Poway High School Music Boosters website for more information about PIFT.
TPMS Band raises funds for our own program by selling water, candy and snacks to visitors. For this to be successful we need student and parent volunteers as well as donations of items to sell. 100% of proceeds go directly to TPMS band!
TPMS Band will run two Candy Shacks on visitor and home sides of the stadium. Student and parents can volunteer for a shift or shifts in the Candy Shack. All volunteers will be admitted to PIFT for free, and will be able to watch the field shows before and after their shift. I will email check-in and parking information to all volunteers prior to the event.
Please visit the link http://signup.com/login/entry/797031853287712050 to volunteer at the candy shack.
We are requesting donations:
- cases of 16.9-oz water bottles
- cases of single-serving chips
- boxes of full-sized (not Halloween size) wrapped candy, like Sour Patch Kids, Hershey Bars, M & Ms, Skittles, Milky Way/Snickers assortment, etc.
Please visit the link http://signup.com/login/entry/03484502039 to pledge your contribution. Items should be dropped off in the TPMS Band Room on or before Wednesday, October 18.
As an alternative to donating items, you can donate money ($5 suggested) for purchasing candy and ice. Please put your monetary donation in a sealed envelope labeled “PIFT”, and give it to Mr. Moreau. Checks should me made out to “TPMS Band Boosters”.
if you have any questions, please email Mandy at email@example.com.
5:45 PM Call Time ** Non-Mandatory Event **
Dress: Green shirt (PHS colors), blue jeans, tennis/althletic shoes
All TPMS Band students are invited to join the Poway High School Marching Band at a home football game (Poway vs. Vista HS) on Friday, October 20. Our band students will meet the PHS Band at their Band Room (Room N-1). The combined bands will warm up together and then they will all march into the stadium (about 6:30-6:40 PM). They will sit with the high schoolers in the PHS Band bleacher section during the first half, and then watch the Emerald Brigade’s 2017 halftime field show. The students can leave with their parents after halftime, or they can stay and play with the PHS Pep Band until the game is over as long as their parents are present in the stadium. They will not be supervised after halftime.
Mr. Moreau will be leaving directly after the Emerald Brigade performance at halftime and will walk the middle school students back to the PHS Band Room. Students must be picked up from the PHS Band Room only. They will not be allowed to wait in front of the school or anywhere else. Parents, if you want your son or daughter to perform with the PHS Pep Band after halftime, then you will be responsible for them at that time and you will need sit in the stands near the PHS Band sectionon to supervise your student and to meet them at the end of the game.
Here’s important information about the event:
- TPMS Band students should bring their instruments. They will march into the stadium with their instrument and play the Poway High fight song. The kids will leave their instrument cases in the PHS Band Room during the football game.
- TPMS students should wear jeans, sneakers, and, if possible, a dark green shirt (PHS color). It is also traditional for the PHS Band members to lend their black “Gear” jackets to the middle schoolers to wear, but TPMS students should also bring a sweatshirt (preferably black) in case there are not enough jackets available.
- Parents should park in the “Senior” lot near the Band Room (Room N-1) off Titan Way. Our kids will be leaving their instrument cases in the Band Room and will have to return to get them after they leave the game. Please see the PHS campus map.
- You should arrive at 5:45 PM and send your student into the Band Room. Don’t worry – PHS Band members will make sure that our kids join their instrument section. Parents can go directly to the stadium to watch the JV game in progress, or can come back later (just make sure to be in the stadium at 6:30 to see the Bands march in). If you plan to return after halftime to pick up you child, please see the important note below.
- Admission to the game is $8 for adults, $5 for students. Our TPMS Band students will get in for free because they will be entering the stadium with the PHS Band. The ticket window is at the end of Building K right across from the North entrance to the stadium.
- After they march in, our kids will sit in the PHS Band section. They will use the BAND ONLY staircase after they march into the stadium. STUDENTS MAY NOT EAT OR DRINK (OTHER THAN WATER) WHEN SITTING WITH THE BAND!
- Parents and family members can sit in the general admission area on the Home side, but they may not use the BAND ONLY staircase and may not sit in the roped-off Band section. Bring a stadium seat if you have one! Please be aware that the kids are NOT allowed to eat or drink (other than water) in the Band section. If your child would like to eat during the game, they should sit with you.
- After the halftime show, our TPMS Band students have two options:
- Students may stay and watch the game BUT ONLY if their parent(s) are present and in contact with them in the stadium. If they stay, the kids can continue to sit in the Band section and play with the PHS Pep Band, as long as their parents are close enough to supervise them.
- Students can return to the Band Room to go home BUT ONLY if they are accompanied by their parents or they have made arrangements with their parents to pick them up at the Band Room. Mr. Moreau will be leaving the stadium immediately after the PHS Band field show to escort those TPMS students whose parents are picking them up after halftime. He will take the students directly to the PHS Band Room where they must be picked up by their parents. They will not be allowed to wait in front of the school or anywhere else
Wednesday, October 18, 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Thursday, October 19, 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Show your support for the TPMS Band by enjoying the best Mexican food in Poway for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner at El Ranchito Taco Shop (either location) on October 18th and 19th. Look for Mr. Moreau at dinnertime digging into his favorite burrito. You must present the TPMS Band Fundraiser flyer when you order, and the Band will receive 20% of your purchase. The flyer will be honored at both El Ranchito Taco Shop locations, 14149 Twin Peaks Road and 13654 Poway Road (in the Steinmart plaza).
Click the button below to download the Taco Shop Fundraiser flyer:
DOWNLOAD THE TACO SHOP FLYER
Thursday, October 19, 2017
Poway High School Titan Stadium
8:00-9:00 PM ** Non-Mandatory Event **
All TPMS Band students and their families are invited by the Poway High School Marching Band (the Emerald Brigade) to watch their field show rehearsal under the PHS Stadium lights on Thursday, October 19. This year’s field show is entitled “Color Study”.
- TPMS Band students should not bring their instruments. They will be sitting on the home side of Stadium as spectators.
- There is no dress code for the TPMS Band. Students are free to wear what they want, but dress warmly if it is a cool evening.
- You can arrive anytime after 7:00 PM. The best viewing of the complete field show begins at 8:00 PM, but feel free to come earlier if you want to see more of the Emerald Brigade at work.
- Park near the south side of the stadium. There should be plenty of parking in the drop-off lot in front of the school (off Espola Road), along the south end of the Stadium, in the faculty lot, or if you don’t mind the walk through campus, in the lots off Titan Way.
- Enter the Stadium on the south end. Gates should be open on both the east and west sides.
- Join the crowd on the home (east) side of the Stadium. Sit anywhere you want!
- Stay after rehearsal to meet instrument section leaders, learn the nuts and bolts of the band from PHS Music Booster parents, and enjoy some delicious refreshments!
DOWNLOAD THE REHEARSAL FLYER
DOWNLOAD A POWAY HS CAMPUS MAP